Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 29, 2018

Dear Family & Friends

I hope all is well with all of your endeavors. I have to apologize for not telling you last week that would be emailing on Tuesday of this week. Because yesterday was a holiday, more people would be home. So we mover Pday to today to be able to catch more people home. 

This last week flew by faster than I can even imagine. I look back to pick a few stories and experiences that happened and there are so many. I will talk about a few that stand out to me in the hope that it can help you in some way. First I got to spend some time with Elder Anderson. We were able to work together for a couple of hours. The bishop of my ward asked us to go and see a family that isn’t struggling on an extreme level or anything, he felt that it would be good for us to stop by. When we got there they welcomed us in and greeted us very warmly. Going up to the door I did not know them and neither did Elder Anderson, so we were actually had no idea what to expect. The one thing that we had on our side was the spirit. We shared a message about the importance of remembering our convents that we have made with Heavenly Father. As we remember those covenants they will give us vision and guidance on what we should say and do. It was amazing that taking the time to follow the spirit and ACT on the promptings the great impact that happens in peoples lives. When we were leaving the husband told us that his wife really needed to hear the message that we shared. He said our visit was very timely and spiritual. That made me feel very good knowing that God is directing his work, and as I listen he will show me where to go.

The other big thing that happened this week I was able to go on an exchange with an Elder from Louisiana. He is a fun Elder. Most of the day we were on bikes. We were able to talk with so many people. It was so fun. The fantastic part was that when people were not interested they kindly said no. The whole day filled with pleasant rejection. You don’t get those days too often, but I am not complaining. I will gladly take those days any time. 

Then the picture of the lizard is from a service that we were doing that we found in the leaves. My companion is really scared of snakes and he thought it was a rattlesnake. Kinda of funny that it was just a little old lizard. 

Hope you all have the best week ever!!

Sincerely,
Elder Berry

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment