Sunday, May 13, 2018

May 7th, 2018

Hello,

To start I want to wish my mother, grandma, & aunts a extra happy Mother’s Day next week! I know that I am no where close but I hope that you have a great Mother’s Day!!

Also transfers have come again. I will be getting transferred. I will be spending my last 6 weeks in the Folsom stake. I have never served there before so it should be filled with lots of new adventures. My new companion is Elder Chen! I am excited for the last couple of weeks so I can go out with a bang!

This week was a pretty exciting week!! I put two explanations to put some extra emphasis. Anyways this week started off pretty good. We were teaching a new member lesson to a recent convert named James. It has been so cool to see her journey as she has come into the church. We talked a lot about agency & trials. It was cool to see her understanding change and grow. She said the closing prayer and said “thank you god for the hard things.” When she said that it made me have to take a look back. All of the hard things that we go through are for our good. To help us become better people for our future. I thought it was amazing to see the insight that a new member had. 

We went and met with a YSA who is going to a family ward. We went and invited him out to the YSA Ward. He said that he has come before but the 1st time no one really talked to him. So he didn’t have the most enjoyable experience. As we talked we were able to get him to give it another chance which was cool. He did end up coming and seemed to have a more enjoyable experience. It’s amazing to see the difference it makes to have a friend at church. 

With Maka & Filisi the two Tongan boys working to May 19 had a lesson just focused on president Nelson. We shared some experiences to help them get to know him better that they might be able to have a stronger witness of president Nelson. It was cool even for me that as I studied and prepared to teach them that I was able to have a strengthened witness of president Nelson. I love president Nelson and know that he is a prophet in the latter days. 

The other day we were walking out of our apartment and we saw our neighbor and said hi. She was being polite and said hi back. We asked what her name was to be nice and get to know her. When she saw that my name was Elder Berry she lost it. She went on to tell us that she is wikan. From what she told us is like a witch with poisons and things. Apparently elderberry is a very powerful berry. So the Sacramento needs to watch out for me for at least the next 6 weeks. I don’t think she is an actual witch. And I am getting transferred so I should be safe. 

I had a humbling experience as well this week. I was asked to be apart of giving a baby blessing to a 3 day old baby that was fighting for its life. I couldn’t even describe what I felt. So much empathy for the single mom. There was not a whole low that I could do beside to give the blessing. I hope that it was enough. But to see the family all come together for the single mother really made me know that you can truly call on family when you are In Times of need.

To finish up we were out finding on Saturday. Most of the day people were not home or really did not want to talk to us. About 70% of the way through our plans of really not seeing any luck we came across a former investigator named Krystal. She was not really interested in meeting with missionaries before. But she has had a few things shake her relationship with god that made her want to reconnect. It was cool as we followed the spirit god took us to the people he is preparing for baptism.

I hope you have the best week ever! And to all the mothers have a great Mother’s Day!

Love,
Elder Berry

IMG_3101.jpeg
IMG_3105.jpeg
IMG_3106.jpeg
IMG_3108.jpeg
IMG_3112.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg
IMG_3120.jpeg
IMG_3130.jpeg
IMG_3131.jpeg
IMG_3133.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg
IMG_3141.jpeg
IMG_3144.jpeg
IMG_3114.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment