Tuesday, June 5, 2018

June 4, 2018

Dear Family & Friends,

This week has been a "heart-jerker." It all starts with an investigator that sounds almost too good to be true. Her name is Marisa. She was a self-referral from talking with missionaries online. We go and talk to her once we get the referral. She seemed super open to what we had to say. We got a return appointment for in a few days. It was a really good set up. We had some members there, it was in her home, the Spirit could be felt. It was a true ideal situation for a lesson to be taught. She already went and downloaded the Book of Mormon onto her Tablet and started to read it.We taught the Restoration and she accepted to get baptized on June 16th. It was a really good lesson. We come back for the next lesson with members there a again, another great setting for a lesson. She had some questions for us. They were, “What are the steps to baptized?” and “Can I come to church before I get baptized?” Great questions. I have never ha d such great questions like that from an investigator before at such an early point. The third time we go by she didn’t really have any questions but she was telling us about how she had read to Jacob in the course of about a week. I was really excited about that. She was headed out of town for vacation to celebrate her anniversary. So we talked to her about going to a temple tour if she got back. We texted her on Wednesday to see if we are good for the temple tour and she said she was excited to go and learn about the temple more. The next day she texted us back saying she does not want to meet anymore and a long list of reason why. I am not going to lie, that hurt pretty bad. I was super excited for her to get baptized. 

I was at a low point of what to do next. I was wondering, "what I did wrong?" Could I have done something better? But you know those were not good thoughts to be having. I know through the Holy Ghost that I gave her the best chance to accept the gospel. It doesn’t change the fact that it does hurt awfully bad when someone chooses to not accept the gospel., especially when I had such high hopes for them. Just goes to show that no matter how badly we want something, it is up to each person's choice to choose whether or not to accept or reject the gospel.

I also had some really good experiences his week. I don't want this whole thing to be negative. We had the opportunity to do some service for some part-member families. I love being able to serve people. They have such a change of heart when you go and serve them. That one of the things that I love about the church is that it is built off of service. As you know when you are in the service of others you are in the service of 
God. I love this great work!! I love my Savior. I love President Neilson. I love being a missionary!!

Right now, I am in a trio with Elder Zachary Glenn Anderson this very moment as I am writing you all! My companion is currently doing an activity for missionaries that are about to go home. So I was blessed to have him as a companion for a few hours. 

Have the best week ever!!

Love,
Elder Berry

IMG_3305.jpeg
IMG_3309.jpeg
IMG_3307.jpeg
IMG_3313.jpeg
IMG_3316.jpeg
IMG_3317.jpeg
IMG_3318.jpeg
IMG_3315.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment