Sunday, May 13, 2018

April 30, 2018

Hello,

This week has been fun, but it has been really crazy. I had the opportunity to have some elk burgers. It has been a year since I have had an elk burger. The last time was when I was serving up in Eldorado. Crazy to think how fast the time has gone. The elk burger was pretty good. 

I was able to go on exchanges with one of my old companions Elder Nelson. It was such a blast. We spend the whole day just laughing and things. It makes me wish that I could go back and enjoy those times with him. While we were on the exchange we were able to play some beat ya, teach ya. Which basically means if we beat you in basketball then we get to talk with you about the gospel. There was only one guy there so we only were able to play horse. I figured out that I don’t have the best shot. I should really work on that. But lucky for me Elder Nelson is a really good basketball player and he was able to win in the game of horse. We taught him a little bit but he wasn’t all that interested. 

We also got a referral from some missionaries for this person named Jacob. He has been taught 2 lessons and wants to get baptized. They thought that he was YSA age but he is only 16 years old. We went and contacted him and had to refer him off. The missionaries that he will be working with are good missionaries and will help him get ready for baptism. 

Then James Van Duden got baptized over the weekend. It has been so cool to see her progression. She has been meeting with missionaries for about 2 years and has finally over come trials that had stopped her from getting baptized in the pasted. Luckily she finally was able to get baptized. I had the privilege to confirm her a member of the church. That was a really cool experience for me. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and it shows as she has changed her life in order to follow the savior. 

Then most of all day Saturday we were at a park with a booth. This event was for little kids to help them be able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. There were a lot of people there. It was cool because there were projected to be about 7500 people there. So we were able to get the church’s name out there more and gave people a place to ask questions. 

Hope you all have a great week. Let me know if I can do anything for you.


Sincerely,
Elder Berry

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment