Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March 5, 2018

Hey everyone, 


It's been a wonderful week here in Sacramento, hail storms and all! The hail wasn't too bad, it came while we were out on bikes with other Elders and thankfully it was only pea sized versus the quarter to softball sizes from home! It was pretty funny to see how everyone began driving carefully because they consider it winter conditions! 

 We had a few miracles occur, which we are very grateful for! 
 First, we met a less active family in the Goethe Park ward and after sitting down the father opened up to us about his spiritual needs and the stresses of working. We related to him with our calling as zone leaders and talked about the similarities of our situations and how the small things, reading, prayer, and attending church, make the world of difference. We discussed how having the spirit is key and that God cares about all aspects of our lives and as we include him in our efforts they will be counted to us for righteousness. This really helped us begin a great relationship with them and we will be helping out with several projects soon! At the end of the conversation they found out we didn't have a dinner and handed us their credit card! They said to keep it for the night and they would COME TO CHURCH to get it! Sure enough they were there and it was a really great thing to see. 

 Second, Arianne came to church again and we had a lesson afterwards. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and mentioned it brings great peace when she is depressed or stressed. I testify it truly does bring peace and it makes our day. It's like you're never fully dressed without a smile; well, your day is never complete without reading! The spirit was strong in the lesson, especially as we invited her to be baptized on March 24th...she accepted!!! She had tears in her eyes as she said "This feels so right" and asked the members there to help her prepare for baptism! Third, Meghan brought her husband to church, who had previously wanted nothing to do with church or religion! We overheard members talking to him and they were discussing joining the church! 

 Fourth, we had the opportunity to be a road side assistance crew! We were merging onto the freeway when we saw a man pulled over with his hazards on. We should have thought about it a little more considering we were in oak park.....rough area....but we immediately pulled over and hopped out. The man, Alex, is a great devote Catholic and had ran over a ladder. We worked with him for about 15 minutes and managed to get it the ladder untangled from under the car! He asked for our card and said he would be in touch with us. The sad thing is he had been there for roughly 25 minutes and not a single car stopped. If you see someone you can serve, please do so. It will bring them and yourself joy, I know because I saw and felt it. 

 We spent a lot of time with President Hymas this week because a strange situation with an investigator which is too much to type, but it suffices me to say we are no long teaching them.

 Also for the first time in 15 MONTHS WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!! I cannot express the spiritual nourishment I received there. I didn't feel like I had anything missing in my life but walking into the Celestial Room felt like I was home and a hole inside me was filled. I literally felt as though I was with my Father in Heaven as I prayed and could not expressing anything accept praise and thanks for the blessings I have and for those who mean so much to me in my life. Even now as I type this it makes my heart leap for joy! I really do love to see and visit the temple! The temple is literally heaven on earth and for the members, please go as often as possible. For those who are not members of the church, you can learn more via the missionaries and one day, if you so choose, go there as well and experience a peace, joy, and love you have never before felt. 

 I love you and pray this finds you well! Meghan is getting baptized this weekend!!!
Love, 
Elder Berry

If you want to see more photos then go look on my Facebook page!


image1.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment