Monday, March 19, 2018

March 19, 2018

Hey,

Today was an exciting then boring Pday. We started off by going to a joint zone Pday activity with President and Sister Hymas. Is was really fun. We got to play telePictionary and reverse charades. It was fun. So fun I get giddy just thinking about all the fun it was. We had some really good chili cheese dogs.

After that I got to do some real world stuff. I spend 1 hour on the phone trying to figure out my college stuff. I spent about 80% of the time on hold while the people tried to figure out what to do with me. I was finally able to get it figured out to where I can get start on the college stuff.

This has been a really busy week, it has been full of blessings. To start with exchanges, Elder Steel and I were able to contact a lady named Silvia. he didn't have much time to talk because she said she was moving. We offered our help and she said that she would give us a call in a few days. I have had a lot of people say that they would give us a call but they never do. Slivia called and asked if we could help her. We were able to go and help her pack up a u haul truck. We then were able to call and get some missionaries to help her on the other side. It was cool to see how here heart was softened. we were able to give her a Book of Mormon and testify of the blessings that come from the gospel. I love to do service for people. They have such a change in their countenance to makes them so much more open to the gospel. Elder Steel is a really good missionary. He has really been hitting the scriptures to gain a solid scriptural knowledge based on christ. I was amazed to see the amount of scriptures that he was able to use as we were able to talk and teach people. He is growing and changing to be like our savior. The growth that people can have through our saviors atonement is exceedingly estonishing.

Another miracle we had this week was when a member pulled us out of sacrament meeting and told us there was a non member asking if he could have a Book of Mormon. We were able to talk with Frank and give him a copy of the Book of Mormon and a Restoration Pamphlet. After we had finished testifing a member came up and did the same thing to help them feel welcome. He wasn't able to stay for church, but he did say that he would give us a call if he had any questions. It was a really cool experience to see that there are people who are searching out the word of god.

My compaion was just called to be an assitant to the president. I have to tell you that I am a little sad to see Elder Ravsten go. I am going to miss him being my companion. He has been a great influence for me. He is going to do some really great things. Transfers are next week so the next time i email home i will be telling you all the juicy deatails of what next transfer will intell.

This coming weekend we have a baptism of someone that we have been working with for about 3 weeks. Her name is Arianne. She will be getting baptized then head down to Utah to watch a General Conference with some of her fellowshippers. It is so fun to be able to see people chang and enter the waters of baptism.

On Sunday I was able to interview two young girls who my trainer and I found alomost 2 years ago. They both past their interview and will be gettiing baptized this weekend as well. I can not always understand the lords timing but I can testify that it is perfect. when i interviewed them I knew that this was their time to get baptized. Their names are Lucy and Selina. They are so sxcited to get baptized! I am really excited for them as well.

I was also able to catch my companion falling a sleep on the job! Missionaries have a hard time sometimes staying awake. Those early mornings can really get you some times.

Hope that you have the best week of your life!! Continue to work hard at this thing we call life!

Love Elder Berry


IMG_2586.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2588.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment