Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 3, 2017

Dearest Family and Friends,

Things have been good this week, a lot has happened. On Monday we had a a lesson with a less active member. He is a really good man but he has some Word of Wisdom problems. On Monday we had a really good talk about how everything comes down to the Book of Mormon and if it is true. We ended up having him read D.C. 89 and pray about it. We will go and see how that went for him and if he got his answer. It is just a matter of time before he gets his answer. It is all up to the Lord's time for when he comes back to church.

Then I got to go on a team up with Elder Hatch this week, he was my last companion. We had some real fun. It was just like the good old times when we were companions just a few months ago. We were able to see an investigator who has lost a lot of of loved one and who is just in survival mode and has not really been that happy. So we talked about how joy from the scriptures brings us the most joy. That all she needs in life right now is just some joy from up above.

Then I got to say goodbye to my mission president, President and Sister Jardine last Wednesday. It was bitter sweet. Both of them really have changed my life. It was a really good zone conference. We talked about how Jesus Christ is at the bottom of everything and if it was not for him then we would not be where we are at or be the people that we are today. It is such a blessing that Heavenly is all knowing and knows what is best for us to put us in the best situation for us to succeed.

Then I got to go on a team up into Georgetown. It was really fun, but a lot of driving. It is really cool to see how over the course of my mission that no matter what, the church is true and we are all exactly where we need to be to bless the lives of many. You never now what
impact that you will have on people.

Our new mission president is, President Hymas. Though I am excited to see what President Hymas will bring, I am going to miss President Jardine.  He seems like a super great man. I have not gotten to meet him yet so I will keep you posted on when I do meet him.

I hope you have a great week and all is well with you, remember to stay safe on the 4th.

Sincerely,
Elder Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment