Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10, 2017

Hello everyone,

This week flew by, today we had a zone activity where the missionaries in our zone got to gather for a portion of our pday which was pretty fun. We had every companionship bring food. It was potluck
style breakfast. So Elder Pearson and I had some elk meat that was given to us by our bishop so we decided to do an egg hash brown elk meat combo where we put it all together. But we didn't tell them that it was elk meat. So they all got some of the food and started eating it and we told them that it was elk meat and they were like "I can t believe it's elk meat. They said it taste a whole lot like beef. So after that we played around in the gym a little bit then we left and now I am emailing.

Next week we will have transfers. Elder Pearson has been her for 6 months so it is highly likely that he will be getting transferred. So I won't be emailing until Tuesday next week because of transfers. But I really don't know who my new companion will be if if Elder Pearson gets transferred because you can't predict the will of the Lord, or at least I can't.

Then for the 4th of July we went to a our 4th of July part that out Ward put together. That was pretty fun nothing to exciting happened there. After that at 7 pm we had to be at the church building for training. The reason that we had a training from 7-9 pm is because they didn't want the missionaries on the street, to help protect them. So we had a training about following the Spirit. It was really good. We talked about how the Spirit talks to us and how we need to act on the 1st prompting that we receive from the Holy Ghost.

Then on Thursday I got to meet my new mission president and wife. President and Sister Hymas. And they are super cool I really like them a lot. They are really fun. As much as I love President and Sister Jardine, I'm going to love President and Sister Hymas just as much. If you would have to say the biggest difference from President Jardine and President Hymas the only thing I could think of right now would be President Hymas seems a little more causal. That isn't a bad thing or he is loose on the rules. He still has the same expectations as President Jardine but he is more casual in the sense of in a meeting if it is really hot then he will let us take off our suits.

I hope you all have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment