Thursday, July 27, 2017

July 24, 2017



Hello,

It was another great week here. A lot of great this are happening. A lot of people came to church which was super awesome to see. One person who came to church was a man by the name of Tom. I met Tom a couple months ago. He is a less active member who has not been to church in quite a few years. When we first met him we challenged him to start reading the Book of Mormon at lease one chapter a day. Then he got busy with his summer plans and we lost contact for about 6 weeks until we saw him again last Friday. We asked him how the reading has been going and he said that he had just
finished the book of Jacob. I was like wow that is a long streak to be reading the Book of Mormon. We asked him if he had noticed any changes in him self and Tom said "I think I am a better person because of it." Then his wife agreed very strongly. It was just really cool to see how The Book of Mormon can change us for the better. Even if it is just reading one chapter a day. There is so much power in the Book of Mormon that all we have to do is open it and it will hang us for the better.

Then it has been fun to get to know Elder Burrows. You learn a lot from each companion that you have and I have already learned a lot from him. As I have been on my mission I have come to learn that no matter how much you know there is someone else who knows something that you don't. All you have to do is humble yourself and let them teach you what has blessed there lives.

But this week has been really fun. We have been catching people at home that I haven't been able to catch since I have been here. We have started working with this investigator named James. He is a super cool guy and who says he is a fighter for God and does not really believe in any one religion. It was cool to see as we talked about the Book of Mormon that it started from I won't be a member to I will join if that's what God wants me to. It so amazing to see how much power the Holy Ghost has on softening people hearts.

Well I hope all of you have a great week. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!!

Sincerely,
Elder Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment