Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16, 2016

Zone Training


Hello everyone,


Sorry I didn't email yesterday. It was transfer weeks and on transfer weeks p-day is moved to Tuesday. But any ways 1 transfer down and 17 more to go!!!! But who is counting. I am staying in the same ward for this transfer.

This week has been really good. One of the coolest things have happened on my mission happened on Saturday. We were working on a part member family list that my bishop gave and we went to this house right as this lady was walking out. We met her at the exact time and started to talk to her. Her name is Brenda. She has recently moved to Sacramento and lost her husband like 3 months ago. She was praying and asking for help from Heavenly Father and she said that we were the angels sent to her. We challenged her to go to church, to read the the Book of Mormon, and the plan of salvation pamphlet. She did all of that and stayed for all 3 hours of church. So I am super excited because she is the first person that I have met to where her heart was prepared by the Lord. The was a super cool experience.

Zachary Anderson got in the mission yesterday. He being trained by a couple of zone leaders. I have not been able to see him yet but hopefully I will at zone conference. In his zone there are 6 new missionaries that are being trained at the same time. That is super crazy because that is almost half of our zone. After the next transfer almost all of the leadership will go home and we will have a super young mission with our leadership and all missionaries in general.

Time just goes by too fast. I hit my 2 month mark yesterday. I can't believe that I have been on my mission for 2 months. With the end of the next two transfers I will have been out for 6 months. It's crazy to think about how fast time is going and I am almost done with a quarter of my mission.

We also have two youth that want to get baptized from a part member family. There names are Lucy and Selina. We are going to put them and Brenda on date for the 17 of September. I am super excited because the ward is now really making missionary work a priority and I can see the blessings that are coming from it.

Anyways I hope you all are having a great day


Love, Elder Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment