Saturday, November 18, 2017

October 30, 2017

Hello,

This week was a really busy week. It was good I was blessed to go on 3 exchanges. To start I went with Elder Cook. We went up to the local collage and did some college, contacting. It’s fun being able to talk with people who are trying to figure out what they believe. They are really open to learning things. They may not be open to taking the lessons but they are definitely not stuck in their ways and are willing to try new things. This can be good and bad. The good part is they want to more because they are curious but they just want to know because they are curious. They don’t always have the real intent that you would hope that some one would have. 

Then I got to go on an exchange with Elder Pierson. This is not the same Elder Pierson as my former companion, but he is still pretty cool. He serve part of his mission in England so he told me some pretty cool stories about when he was over there. We also went to the college campus to talk with people. We talk to this girl who is from Italy. She is super nice and would hear us out. We had a good conversation about how god is their. She grew up around a lot of Catholic and said she is Catholic by association only. She doesn’t really believe that there is a God or at least she doesn’t care to find a relationship with him right now. But she is pretty nice.

To finish up the exchanges I went with Elder Pennington. It was really fun. I had been on exchanges with him before so it was Elder Barry “N” Pennington back together one last time before he goes home. We had a lot of things that we talked about. One thing that we talked about is that it’s not the mission that changes us but it’s the atonement that does change us. On the mission is just a time that we really can turn to the Lord and let him shape us. And he has changed a lot.  I hope that I can say the same.

This coming week I am going to be in a trio companionship. That’s going to be fun. Elder Henry is the 3rd member to the Alastair team and I am excited to learn a lot from him.

I hope that you all ha e a great week!!!

Sincerely,
Elder Berry

You made it!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment