Saturday, October 14, 2017

October 2, 2017

Hello everyone,

I want to start by wishing you a happy October. It crazy that it is October and we are in the holiday season. Time never seems to slow down for anything. But what can happen is I can get more time on my mission. My mission has been extended. Instead of coming home on June 16. I will be coming home on June 20. This happened because it just helps out with making the transfer process a little easier for the missionaries across the world. 

I got to go on an exchange with one of my old companions this week. That was really fun I went with Elder Pearson. It so way fun being with him. It has been about 3 months since I have been with him but it didn't even feel like it has been that long. We were able to go and see this returning less active member who has a friend that wants to know more about the church. It was just really cool to see how we set up a time to meet with this person and it actually happened. It just shows the difference that happens when you work through members verses trying to do everything by your self. 

I was also able to go on a couple of team as well this week. I was able to go on one with Elder Snow. We were in the MTC together. It was really fun to see the changes that he has had. This was the first time that I have served around since the MTC. But we met this YSA named Danny. He was super cool. He had just losses a love one and we were able to read some scriptures about the plan of salvation with him and he seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully we will be able to work with him in the coming week. The other team up that I got to go on was with Elder Cook. He is a fun loving Elder who likes to have fun but really is able to work hard at the same time. You would never really know how many cool people that there are in the world if you would just take the time to just talk with the person standing next to you.

We had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) on Friday. So this weekend was full of a lot of great stuff. One thing that was really talked about was faith and hope. Sister Hymas said something that really has stuck with me. She said "Our strength comes from obedience, our courage comes from faith & hope." As I though about this I came to understand that life is hard. And it's up to our attitude to weather we enjoy our trials or we are miserable. But MLC was great a lot of great things learned and talked about. 

But General Conference was awesome to. It was sad to see Elder Hales pass away. But I know that he is a great man and he has done all that he needs. I hope his family is doing good. But there are a lot of things that I love from Conference. 1st was from Elder Stephen W. Owen he said "You can loose everything that you have learned or gained for your testimony in a matter of months if you don't maintain it." We don't just gain something and have it forever sitting on a shelf. Like a car you have to change the oil put gar in it and so on. It won't last very long if you don't maintain it. Then from Elder John C. Pingree Jr. he said "There can be much good if I desire." I think much if life if we really don't want something. Then we won't give our all in getting it. It is when we give our everything for something good when we are able to truly see great things happen. 3rd Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said "Be more god like in the little things!!!"  I had never really thought about being more god like in the little things. Like I always heard growing up perfect practice makes perfect. If we are striving to be like god then most of the time we will be perfect in our effort because we are doing what our Heavenly Father wants us to do because we love him. 

To finish I hope you know that I know that President Monson is a prophet. He is led by god. The Book of Mormon is the word of god, most important god has and will always love you!!

I hope you all have a great week!


Sincerely,
Elder Berry

A guy found a tv and was walking done the street with it. 
image6.JPGimage7.JPGimage8.JPGimage9.JPGimage10.JPGimage11.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment