Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4, 2017

Hello Everyone,

This week has been a hot week! The first way that it has been hot is there was a few days that it has been 110 degrees or more. Then it has been kind of muggy. It good to have a change from the semi cold winter. Summer is a time where there is a a lot of growth in the crops and things that we eat so we need to have the summer. This week flew by. I can't believe that it is pday again! We have been super busy. From the many appointments we have, we talk so long that we are late for our next appointments.  But that's one things that we are really trying to work on is
not just being on time but being a few minutes early to things so that we aren't running to everything.

But this week we were able to go and do a lot of team ups with some missionaries. That is so fun to be able to work with some great missionaries. I get the chance to learn so much from them. There are a lot of things that you can learn from some one if you just take the time to listen. On one of the team ups I was back in the ghetto. But it was different this time because I had already spent most of my mission the ghetto. I actually kind of missed the ghetto and was super grateful to have the chance to be back in there for a few hours.

We had a mission tour this week. Elder Hugo E. Martinez came to the mission. I got to go to a MLC and listen to him talked about obedience. One thing that he said that I really like is "Obedience is a measure of love for our Heavenly Father." I never thought of that as an expression of love. It's truly cool to see as your knowledge grows that you are able to increase in your patience and love for different things. The more you understand the more that you want to do what is right because you understand the principle of why you do something instead of the requirement of doing something.

Then President Hymas talked about how we need to follow spiritual promptings. We read D.C. 50:10-20 or so. He really focused on vs 14. Really showed how important it is that we not only do things by the Spirit for missionary work but also in life. It was really cool and the spirit was extremely strong.

After MLC he interview a handful of missionaries. And I was one of the missionaries chosen. That was a crazy experience to get to spend 15 minutes talking about goals in life, family, and the thing that he wanted me to share with all of you is how grateful he is for all that you do is being great people. He sends his love as well the love of the
prophet. He told me to always involve the Lord in my efforts. He said look at all people who are happy in life. Not just worldly happy but truly happy with where they are at. He said that those people are
people who involve the Lord in ALL the things that they do.

I hope you all have a great week! It great to hear that life is going well.

Oh p.s. I got to see Elder Anderson this week! That was fun!

Sincerely,

Elder Berry

 

No comments:

Post a Comment