Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 14, 2017


Hello everyone,


I hope that you have all had a good week. This week has been pretty fun. A lot of cool things have been happening and it just so cool to see the hand of the Lord in so many people lives. To start we had zone Conference, that was super cool. We were able to talk about how the Book of Mormon answers the questions of the soul. We were challenged as a mission to start reading the Book of Mormon as a mission to find answers to people's questions so that we will be able to answer them. I am excited about that challenge. It should be really fun to become a familiarize with the scriptures.

Then last pday we got to go gold panning after I had emailed. It was really fun. The place we went is above Placerville on the American River. It was a really cool place to be in. It is so beautiful around the river. But I have to say that I don't think that I could make a career out of gool panning. We found some gold but after about two
hours of trying to find it we only found a few gold flakes. I think that I would starve if I was a gold panner. So on the bright side I can cross gold panning off of my possible job career list.

Then we have been working with this recent less active member of the church. As we have met with her and left chapters for her to read she has read them. It has been so cool to see her testimony grow and to be able to strengthen it where she feels comfortable at church. It is  amazing that someone has a concern about something in the church but as they start to read the Book of Mormon that concern it either answered or resolved by some way. Just because someone decided to read the Book of Mormon. It is so cool to see the power behind the Book of Mormon. I can't believe that one book has that much power but, I have definitely seen the power have an influence on my life.

I hope that you all have a great week!

Sincerely,

Elder Berry





No comments:

Post a Comment